Last updated: September 14, 2023
Have you mistakenly deleted a post or Instagram story and wondered how you could get it back? Last year, that would have been impossible; but today Instagram has a feature "Recently deleted" which allows you to restore accidentally deleted posts.
From now on Instagram will keep your photos, videos, Reels, IGTV up to 30 days after the date of deletion except for the stories format which will be accessible up to 24 hours later.
How to Restore Deleted Instagram Stories/Posts on iPhone?
The process is quite simple, and only a few clicks on the application are enough to restore everything you want. But you need the latest version of Instagram running on your iPhone for this method to work.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone and access your profile.
- Tap the three-bar icon at the top and select "Your activity".
- In the menu Your activity, you will see the option "Recently deleted". Press it.
- From now on, you will find all your recently published deleted, in the same place.
- Tap the post or story you want to restore and you'll get a preview of it on your screen.
- Now tap on the three dots icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Choose "Restore".
- Press again "Restore" to confirm your action.
If the story you want to restore has been shared in the last 24 hours and removed from your story highlights, it will be added to the story highlights. And if it was deleted from your Story archives, it will be restored to the archives.
This is how one can restore deleted Instagram stories/posts on iPhone. This method will also work with Android phones. If you have any queries or queries about this article, comment below and we'll get back to you.