Nothing is more frustrating than seeing the message " Insufficient storage space » on your smartphone or tablet Android, especially when you have invested a significant amount in the device.
This alert is often the result of too many apps installed. Luckily, it's possible to free up and optimize your mobile device's storage space.
In this article, we will explore how clean your phone effectively Android et how to increase your storage space by transferring your applications to an SD card.
Optimize your phone's storage space Android
Over time and intensive use, your phone Android cluttered with temporary files:
- Application Cache
- Navigation history
- Uploaded files
- Images and videos received on WhatsApp, etc.
These files are often responsible for filling up your phone's storage space.
Free up space with CCleaner to Android
The simple and effective solution? Use CCleaner for Android. Well known for his version Windows which cleans computers, CCleaner is now available for the system Android.
This app offers fast optimization and deep cleaning by:
- Clearing the cache applications.
- Cleaning up the download folder.
- Clearing browsing history.
- Deleting unnecessary files.
- Disabling unnecessary third-party services.
In addition, CCleaner gives you the possibility to individually or in bulk delete:
- The call log
- text messages
- Images and videos received on WhatsApp
How to use CCleaner on Android ?
- Download CCleaner from Playstore.
- Run a scan.
- In a few minutes, CCleaner will display a list of deletable items: cache, history, SMS, etc.
Then proceed with the deletion to free up space and optimize your device.
As far as I'm concerned, Ccleaner allowed me to recover over 264MB of storage space. The result is simply perfect.
Files by Google: another solution to optimize storage space
Besides CCleaner, Google also offers a very efficient application to manage and free up space on your phone Android : Files by Google.
Key Features of Files by Google
- Smart cleaning: Files by Google regularly suggests deleting unnecessary files, duplicates, or seldom-used apps to quickly free up space.
- Simplified search: With a clean and intuitive interface, find your files more easily. It also allows you to quickly visualize the type of content that takes up the most space.
- File management: Move, delete, rename your files, or even share them with other nearby users without needing an internet connection.
- Cloud backup: Files by Google also allows you to save your files directly to Google Drive or any other cloud storage service, giving you a solution to back up your data while freeing up space on your phone.
How to use Google Files to optimize storage space?
- Download Google Files from Playstore.
- Open the app and explore the " Clean ».
- Follow the recommendations to remove unnecessary files then click Browse to view all content on your phone.
- If necessary, upload files to the cloud or share them with nearby devices.
With Google Files, managing and optimizing your storage space has never been easier or more efficient.
Transfer your apps to your SD card to free up space
If cleaning up your mobile hasn't freed up as much storage space as you hoped and you're still running out of memory for all your apps, there's an alternative solution.
When your phone Android is equipped with an SD card slot, you have the possibility to transfer certain applications from the internal memory to this card. This frees up space on your device's main memory.
Follow these steps to complete the transfer:
- Access the "Settings" of your smartphone.
- Select the "Application Management" section or something similar.
- A list of apps installed on your device will be displayed.
- Select the app you want to move to the SD card.
- Click on the option "Move to SD card".
The application will then be transferred to the SD card.
It is important to note that some apps, especially those pre-installed on your phone, may not offer the transfer to SD card option.
There it's done ! With these tips, you should be able to better manage your device's storage space and avoid low space warning messages.