Last updated: July 19, 2022
If you want cut a specific portion of a video with a Windows 10 PC, you don't have to install any additional software. Microsoft's operating system natively integrates a video editing tool within the Photos application.
Indeed, the Windows 10 Photos application includes a powerful video editor which allows you to easily cut one or more parts of a video.
In this guide, I will walk you through the steps to trim videos using the Photos app.
How to trim video using Photos app?
To cut a video Using Photos in Windows 10, do the following:
- First, open the app Photos.
- Then click on the button Read more up then on Video editor.
- Select new video project and name your video.
- Then select the video you want to add from your PC by clicking on Add.
- Drag the video down into the editing section. The video will immediately open in playback mode in the Photos window.
- Select the button Cut for modification.
- Use the pins (right and left) to select the part of the video you want to cut.
- Once you have selected the area of the video that you want to keep, click the button Completed located at the top right of the window.
- Finally, to save the video, click on the button End video top right.
Once the steps are complete, the Photos app will process the video and you will get a cut out version of the file with only the part you want to keep. However, the feature will not modify the original video. Instead, it will create a new file with the new footage.