Despite the passing of time, the arrival of social networks and new messaging systems, online dating has remained an effective way to make romantic encounters.
It is considered socially acceptable to use dating sites to find and get dates. Unfortunately, with theinternet anonymity, there are security concerns when using online dating services.
If you follow the guidelines provided here, you should be able to reduce the risk and enjoy a safe online dating experience. This guide is perfect for men and women of all ages.
1. When creating your account on a dating site, use a very unique username and password specifically for that website.
Make sure the username has no connection to your real name in life, your Facebook account, or other names of people you use online. By doing this, you prevent anyone from finding out more information about you. If there is no way to link your account to dating website to you, then you will never have to worry about anyone trying to stalk you outside of the dating site.
2. When creating your profile, be honest about yourself without disclosing exact details about your profession, or places you frequent. You can share more specific details with people once you get to know them better.
3. Once you are ready to start talking to new people on the dating site, first make sure to only use the messaging system provided by the dating site itself. All good dating sites have them. Communicate through their messaging system or private instant messaging until you have gotten to know the person well enough.
4. When you become more familiar with interesting people on the site, you will start to reach a point where you might actually be interested in meeting that person for a real date. It is very important that before you meet this person, you check whether they have change his voice and / or the face. You can do this by talking to them on the phone. If you have a webcam you will be able to quickly find out if they really are who they say they are. These days almost all computers have a webcam, so there are very few excuses for not being able to chat.
5. The first physical meeting should always be in a public place. It's a security measure. Make sure you have your own transportation to get there and back. Don't rely on your partner. Do not give your partner your address.
Following all of these great safety tips, you can guarantee yourself good dating security. You will save yourself the grief of liars and crooks. And most importantly, you will be physically safe from those who want to harm you.