Remove Windows 10 password your PC is a bad idea - unless you have a computer that no one will ever touch. In this case, why not remove the Windows password and save more time?
Be careful, however, in the event of a burglary, because thieves will then have access to all the content of your computer, including passwords saved in the browser.
To avoid having to enter the account password each time you start up or wake up, it is possible to deactivate it without deleting it.
In this tutorial, I will share with you the best way to completely disable Windows 10 password so you never have to grab it. I tested it with Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home, and it worked perfectly.
3 steps to remove Windows 10 password
To remove Windows 10 password, follow the instructions below:
- First, click on the Windows 10 start menu, type netplwiz in the search bar, and then select the program with the same name from the results.
- This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls. Clear the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" check box.
- When you click on Apply, a final window will finally open asking you to type in the password. This is quite normal: since you are changing an important parameter, the computer just makes sure that you have the right to do so. Reset the current password, confirm it, and click "OK".
The next time you restart your PC, you will no longer need to enter your password.
Alternative method to remove Windows 10 password
Another method to remove Windows 10 password is to use Windows settings.
To do this, I invite you to follow the following instructions:
- Open the Start menu and open Settings (cogwheel icon).
- Click on Accounts.
- Select the "Login Options" tab in the left pane, then click the Edit button in the "Password" section.
- Enter your current password and click Next.
- Then leave both password boxes blank and click Next.
The password should no longer be requested the next time you start Windows.