Last updated: January 1, 2023
Snapchat allows you to share short videos, photos with filters to interact with your friends. It also allows you to chat Without leaving a trace because its particularity is that the lifespan of a message is limited.
Indeed, this social media platform is widely used by most people all over the world. This is why it is among the main targets of hackers.
So if unfortunately your Snapchat account has been hacked, you will find here all the useful information to recover it.
There are two scenarios that we will each study.
Email address or phone number unchanged
Hackers tend to change or delete the email address or phone number of the Snapchat account they are hacking; but if you act fast enough you might get lucky and recover your Snapchat account easily.
So here are the steps for recover a Snapchat account:
- First, open your Snapchat app and tap on “ CONNECTION ».
- Next, enter your Snapchat username or emails, then tap "Forgotten password".
- You will have two options to reset Snapchat password: using your phone or email. You can choose either of two options to change your password.
- Then you will be directed to a new page. Enter your email address, then press " Send ».
- At this stage, you will receive a message with a link in your inbox. You must click on it to change your password.
- If you chose your phone number as the recovery option, you will receive a code on your phone. Finally, you just have to enter it in the application and thus recover your hacked account.
Email address or phone number changed
If unfortunately the email address or phone number of your Snapchat account has been changed or deleted by the hacker, it can be quite difficult to recover it. However, there is still a solution you can try.
- Go to https://support.snapchat.com/fr-FR.
- In the right column, click on " My account has been hacked »
- Select " I think my account has been hacked ».
- Then at the bottom you will see a form where you have to fill in some information such as your Snapchat username, the email address you used to create your Snapchat account, your mobile number and then enter the problem you face in detail.
- After you have completely completed the form, click on " Send ».
- After that, you just have to wait for Snapchat's response regarding further instructions.
These are the two ways that you can use to recover your hacked Snapchat account.