Last updated: July 3, 2022
Tired of Avast's false positives? You want to end this antivirus Once and for all ? Here I share with you two methods for completely uninstall Avast.
The easiest way to uninstall Avast is to use the Windows Settings menu and uninstall it like any other software. This should work for most users.
If you are having trouble completely removing Avast with this method, you may need to use the second.
Uninstall Avast using Windows settings
To properly and cleanly remove Avast !, follow the steps below:
Right-click on Start and select Applications and features in the menu that appears.
Select option Applications and features in the left pane, then click Avast Free Antivirus And click uninstall.
When the assistantinstalling Avast appears, click uninstall.
To confirm the uninstallation of Avast Free Antivirus, click Yes. Wait while Avast Free Antivirus is removed from your PC.
Finally, click on Restart computer to complete the uninstallation
Congratulations ! Avast Free Antivirus is now uninstalled from your PC.
Uninstall Avast with the Avast Uninstall Utility
If for some unknown reason your Avast! could not be removed by the classic Windows uninstall menu, try theAvast uninstall utility in place.
For that, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Avast Uninstall utility on your hard drive.
- Start your PC in safe mode: (key F8 when Windows starts)
- Run utility avastclear.exe.
- In Safe Mode, select the location of the Avast program files.
- Press uninstall to start the deletion.
- Once the process is complete, you will need to restart your PC by pressing Restart the computer.
And There you go ! Avast Antivirus is completely removed from your system.