Last updated: July 3, 2022
If there's one thing that's even more scary than a girlfriend digging through your history, it's loss of all your data. Of course you are careful and you back up your files regularly, but why waste time reinstalling a system in the event of a crash?
With Macrium Reflect Free, you can downright clone hard drive...
I already told you about Paragon Backup for save your data. The only problem with these solutions is that in the event of your OS crash, you will still have to reinstall Windows and all your software. To save time, Macrium Reflect proposes to make a full copy of your hard drive with the system files and those of Windows.
The program can then make this backup partition Bootable and assign it the same fingerprints as your original partition.
In the event of a problem, you will have to plug in your new disk (if your backup resides in an external hard disk, you will have to boot from USB) or start on the new partition from the BIOS.
Note that Macrium Reflect Free is free for personal use only.
How to use Macrium Reflect to clone hard drive?
- First of all, download and install Macrium Reflect Free. To do this, select the version Free to take advantage of the free version of the software and click on Download.
- Then select Home when asked what type of license you want to use.
- After installation, launch the program. In the main software window, the two disks connected to your machine (the source disk, and the destination disk) should be automatically recognized.
- Now click on Clone this disk just below your PC disk.
- Select the volume to back up in "Source"then the disk where your backup will be stored in Destination clicking on Select a disk to clone to ...Your blank disc should automatically add itself as a Destination. Then click on the button NEXT.
- Now Macrium Reflect offers you to schedule your disk cloning. Skip this step by clicking on NEXT.
- A summary window should appear. Before clicking on Finish to start the cloning, take note that all the data present on the backup partition Destination will be erased. You will need a blank hard drive or a partition that you have created.
- Finally click on OK to start the cloning process.
Congratulations ! You now have a clone your hard drive with all your data under the elbow in the event of a hard blow!