Last updated: October 31, 2022
Whatsapp has always been the benchmark for instant messaging. WhatsApp is now different from what it was awhile ago. Especially after Facebook bought WhatsApp, we have seen several changes in the app.
Whatsapp now allows you to hide the time of your last connection; It introduced a new feature that allows you to know if the recipient has read your message or not. It now lets you make calls to your friends and other changes that can improve your user experience.
If you want find out who has viewed your WhatsApp profile, which secretly sees your profile picture or WhatsApp status, this little guide is for you.
Know who is viewing your WhatsApp profile with an app
You should know that the WhatsApp application does not support this feature. The team is unwilling to add it as it infringes on user privacy.
OK. But if WhatsApp does not offer a tool to find out who's looking at my whatsapp profile, what about independent applications that promise to provide this service?
Some developers offer apps that would be able to do this. But the truth is, they randomly give names based on online timing. They are all wrong.
So do not be fooled by these applications, they will only seek collect your information private! Some of them are just trying to sell you ads. Others, conversely, can install viruses on your mobile in order to steal private information from you.
Social engineering to know who is viewing your WhatsApp profile
No doubt there is no way to check who is visiting your whatsapp profile ! But there is a tip that might help. This trick plays on the psychology of the person to make him react:
- First delete your profile picture and delete your status as well.
- Those who are really interested in your profile will check if they are blocked or not 😉
- All the people who get back to you asking "Why is there no profile picture ?" could be those who look at your whatsapp profile.
Know who is viewing your WhatsApp profile through the statuses
WhatsApp introduced a feature a while ago "WhatsApp status". In this, you can share updates with text, photos, videos and GIF which disappear after 24 hours.
Here, WhatsApp gives you the option to find out who has viewed your WhatsApp status thanks to an often unrecognized feature:
- First click on " status (On an iPhone, this icon is in the lower left corner of the screen. On Android, the icon is at the top of the screen near DISC.)
- Clicking on " My status button, you'll bring up all of your recent feed updates. Next to each status, an eye icon tells you how many people have viewed it.
This way you will be able to see the number of people who have seen your WhatsApp status. Who knows, maybe you'll see your secret admirer in the list?