Sending large files via email can be a headache for many people. Attachment size limits imposed by many email services can make sending large files nearly impossible. However, did you know that there is a simple and effective method to send large files in Gmail?
In this article, we will show you the easiest and fastest way to send large files in your Gmail mailbox. Whether you are a professional or an individual, this method will make your life easier by allowing you to transfer large files with just a few clicks.
How to send large files in Gmail: Google Drive
To send large files in Gmail without hassle, Google Drive is an ideal solution. Indeed, Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronization service offered by Google. It allows you to store and access your files online from anywhere. It also allows you to easily share them with other users.
Thanks to Google Drive, you can send files up to 10 GB in Gmail, without having to switch between applications.
To use this feature, follow these simple steps:
- First, log into your Gmail account using your web browser.
- Next, click on the "New Message" button at the top left of the screen.
- At the bottom of the compose window, you will see a Google Drive icon next to the emoji icon. Click on it to access your Google Drive files.
- Then click on Import at the top right.
- Select the large file you want to send and click "Import" to start importing the file.
- Compose your email as usual and click send when ready.
How to Bypass 25MB Limit for Attachments in Gmail Mobile App
If you are facing the 25MB limit for attachments in the Gmail mobile app, don't worry as there is an easy solution to bypass this restriction.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, upload your large file to Google Drive and log into your Gmail account from your mobile device.
- Click the Compose button to start composing a new email.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click the Join button.
- Select the "Insert from Drive" option. If you're using an iPhone, you can simply select the file from the Drive menu.
- Find the file you want to attach and click "Select".
- Add your message details and click "Send".
Use third-party services
These services work by storing the files in the cloud and sending a download link to the recipient. All you have to do is select the file to send, upload it to the service site, and enter the recipient's email address. The recipient will then receive a download link to retrieve the file.
In conclusion, sending large files via email can cause problems due to the size limits for attachments in Gmail. However, using Google Drive can be a convenient and effective solution for sending large files. This method makes it possible to store files in the cloud and easily share them with recipients, without overloading their inboxes.
The steps to send a file via Google Drive are simple and quick to complete, making it a convenient solution for Gmail users. Furthermore, it is possible to compress files, of the split, or to use third-party services to send large files by email.