If you've come this far, you have a very specific problem. Indeed, you are facing error right now. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. In this article, we help you overcome it!
Because yes, we can say that today, IT is at the heart of our lives. It is a tool that we use every day. However, we are not all experts in this field, far from it.
It therefore happens that we find ourselves completely stuck in the face of an error, without really knowing what to do to resolve it. The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error is clearly one of the latter and in this article, we explain how to overcome it in just a few minutes!
What is the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error?
First of all, it must be said what is at stake with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. This is why we are going to explain how it works, without going into too technical details.
One of the big things to understand with this error is that you are going to get a blue screen. Indeed, your computer will simply be unusable once she appears in your home!
As for the problem itself, it comes from the memory management of your computer. Unfortunately, the reasons can be multiple. So, to help you, we are going to present several techniques to you.
The idea is to offer you the least intrusive techniques first. We've also given you the easiest techniques first. The idea is to try to make sure fix MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, even if you're not a computer whiz.
1) Restart your computer
We just told you, when you have a problem with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, you're going to have a nice blue screen on your computer. From then on, you will have to restart it. That clear system cache.
Sometimes this can just solve this problem. Indeed, this error may simply be due to a windows bug. Therefore, if this is the case, you should not have any more problems in the coming weeks.
To restart, right-click the button Start And click Stop or Log Out > To restart .
If ever this windows error were to happen again or you end up with it directly by turning it back on, you are going to have to move on to the following techniques to resolve the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error.
2) Check for potential updates
The other problem that can cause this MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error is simply if you ever have a Windows 11 that is too behind on updates. Therefore, it will be necessary to check if this is the case.
The first thing to look at is if you ever have the option “install updates and turn off”. In this case, you know you have updates downloaded and ready to install, so do it.
If this is not the case, this does not mean that there is no update available on your PC. Indeed, these updates may simply not be downloaded yet. To check all this, we explain the procedure to follow:
- Go to the Start menu and choose the Settings icon.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Click check for updates.
- If ever there are updates, download them.
- Restart your PC to install them.
3) Launch Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
If despite having installed the potential updates, you still have the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, let's move on to the next technique which is to diagnose your PC.
In this way, what you will hope to find are the reasons behind this problem. That's good, because Windows 11 offers a tool to do these diagnostics quickly and easily on your computer.
To help you do it quickly, it is enough to know a few manipulations. We therefore suggest that you find them below:
- Press Windows + R to open Windows Command Prompt.
- type mjed and press Ok to validate the command.
- The diagnostic software opens on your screen.
- Choose to run diagnostics now (this will restart your PC).
- Wait a few minutes.
Once the diagnosis has been completed, you should have the reason for the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. If it's a serious enough problem, go to your IT specialist with this report. However, it is also possible that this diagnostic does not find anything!
4) Increase virtual memory size
The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error on Windows 11 can be caused by a lack of available virtual memory. To resolve this error, it is possible to increase the size of your computer's virtual memory.
Here are the steps to increase virtual memory size in Windows 11:
- Go to the start menu and choose the icon Parameters.
- In the settings, select System.
- In the section System select System information.
- Find the Related Links section and click Advanced system settings.
- In the section performances click on Settings.
- In the tab Advanced click on Parameters in the section Virtual memory.
- uncheck Automatically manage paging file sizes for all drives.
- Select option Custom size and specify the initial and maximum size of the page file in megabytes. It is recommended to leave the minimum size and the maximum size at the same value.
It is generally recommended to set the virtual memory size to at least 1,5 to 2 times the amount of physical memory (RAM) in your computer. However, if you are using heavy programs or games that use a lot of memory, you might need to increase the virtual memory size to avoid memory errors.
5) Check your hard drive for MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error
Let's tackle the last technique together before we unfortunately have to crush everything to try to solve the problem. This last technique to fight against the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error is to check your hard drive.
That's good, because here again official Windows software has been created so that you can find the causes of the problem. This software is Powershell and we explain how to use it:
- Go to the search bar and type Windows Powershell.
- Launch the software as an administrator.
- Once the terminal is launched, type the following command and press Enter.
chkdsk / r / f
- This will launch a text telling you that on the next reboot a scanner will be launched.
- Press Y to confirm.
- restart the computer
Here again, the same scenario as for the previous technique. If you have the reason for the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. In this case, contact a computer specialist. Otherwise, move on to the next technique.
6) Run DISM and SFC Scan to fix MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error
In general, to check and repair computer errors, there are two incredibly useful tools that can help you do this: DISM and SFC Scan.
Follow these simple steps to run these tools and improve your computer's performance.
- Open the command prompt by clicking on Start, type cmd and select Execute as administrator.
- Type the following command and press Starter. This will check the integrity of your computer's system files and repair any errors found.
- Once DISM has finished running, type the second command and press Enter. This will run a full scan of your system to detect errors and fix them automatically.
7) Return to original settings
Unfortunately, if despite all this, you still have problems with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, you are going to have to make a little more definitive arrangements to restore the original settings. To do this, follow this step
- Go to Start and Parameters.
- Scroll down and click Recovery.
- You then have the option to reset your PC by clicking on the button Reset PC under the section Recovery Options .
- When a blue window appears, select the option Keep my files.
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the procedure to take place. This process may take some time and your PC will boot several times.
Once done, you should be able to get rid of the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. However, this will also delete your own files. So be careful to make a backup first.
That's it, now you know how to handle the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. At the end of this article, you should have solved the problem or at least have an idea of where it may be coming from.
If that weren't the case, there wouldn't be many solutions left. Indeed, there is surely a part that has failed, such as a defective RAM memory. In this case, the best thing to do is to approach a computer specialist so that he can do a complete check-up of your machine.