Last updated: August 27, 2023
The arrival of the Coronavirus a few years ago has completely changed our habits on several points. One of these points is simply the way we work and communicate.
Thus, for example, we have seen the teleworking develop more and more with us and so new software has started to be used to allow us to communicate effectively and hold meetings.
But if you've come this far, it's because you probably already have them and you have a very specific will. Indeed, you want to change your voice on Google Met or on another communication software. We will help you by showing you how.
Why change your voice in Google Meet, Zoom or Teams?
At first glance, one might wonder what is the use of change your voice on Google Meet, Zoom or even Teams. Well, there are two reasons that may jump out at us for doing this.
The first is simply being able to have fun with your friends. Indeed, putting effects on your voice is fun and it can be an opportunity to relax a little on a voice channel.
The other reason that seems quite logical to us to change your voice in Google Meet is simply to guarantee your anonymity. Moreover, in addition, you can also change your background on some applications.
So you can express yourself discreetly. It is for example useful if you ever have to give a conference or why not an interview on a subject that can be sensitive, with a journalist for example.
The easiest solution, if you want to change your voice in Google Meet, is to go through a well-known application, voicemod. The latter, she is precisely specialized in creating voice changes.
The good news is that this application to change your voice in Google Meet is completely free! So, specify that this will not give the same result as what some streamers manage to obtain for example.
However, the equipment used to achieve this result is very expensive. Therefore, Voicemod is an interesting alternative if you ever want to use this feature from time to time.
Here are the steps to set up and use Voicemod:
- First, install Voicemod software on your computer.
- Next, launch the app and choose input and output devices. To do this, select your computer's microphone as the input device and the speakers as the output device.
- After that, open Audio Preferences in Control Panel. To configure audio settings, make sure your computer speakers are the default choice in the "Playback" tab. Select your computer speakers and click "Set as Default".
- In the "Recordings" tab, choose your computer's microphone as the input device. To do this, click "Set as default" to change the settings.
- Return to the Voicemod app and enable the toggles for 'Voice Changer' and 'Listen to Me'. Test if the effects work by selecting any effect and speaking. Use earphones to avoid any echo.
- If you don't hear anything, navigate to the "Settings" option in the left navigation panel of the app. Scroll down to "Advanced Settings" and turn off the toggle for "Mic Exclusive Mode".
Now that everything is set up, you can use it with any communication application of your choice.
Use Voicemod in Google Meet
If you want to use Voicemod in Google Meet to add effects to your voice, here are the steps:
- Open your desktop browser and go to the site meet.google.com.
- Click on the "Settings" icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A dialog opens for audio and video settings. Under the "Microphone" option, click the drop-down menu to view the available options.
- From the list of options, choose "Microphone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device)" to activate Voicemod and apply its effects to your voice in real time.
- Click "Done" to save changes.
Now, in your Google Meet meetings, any effects you select in the Voicemod app will be applied to your voice in real time. Have fun !
Configure Voicemod on Zoom
To use Voicemod on Zoom, there is nothing very complicated to do. You simply have to go to the cogwheel of the settings. There, go to audio settings and choose Voicemod as audio output.
If you want to change your voice back to the original settings, just do the same thing, this time choosing your mic's audio output and you're done.
Use Voicemod on Microsoft Teams
But then, is the procedure different on Microsoft Tams? Well, not really, but there is still a small difference, it is that you will have to click on your profile to access the Settings.
From there, the procedure is the same, that is to say that you will have to change the audio output. Same thing as before if you ever want to deactivate this effect permanently.
That's it, you now know how to change your voice on Google Meet and other communication software you can use. Moreover, know that if these three software are presented, Voicemod is compatible with even more!
As for the setting, know that overall, each time it will be the same thing. You will need to go to the audio settings and choose the output corresponding to Voicemod to activate it.