Dernière mise à jour: 29 mai 2023
A Data Management Platform is a platform of Internet user data management. This is a platform generally offered in SaaS mode which makes it possible to retrieve, centralize, manage and use user data.
How does a DPM work?
On each visit to a website, information from Internet users is retrieved, stored and classified in a database. They are then used to personalize the user experience and thus have a 360-degree view of its prospects or customers.
How is the data collected?
Concretely, the data is collected from three sources:
- Data relating to the browsing of Internet users on the company's site (satisfaction surveys, web browsing, emails, purchases, invoicing, etc.).
- Data provided by the company's partners (sales made via a distributor for example).
- Information purchased from third parties (notably from cookies).
What to do with a DMP?
A DMP can be used on all levers, from emailing to the personalization of the offer in real time on the merchant site.
From the data collected, stored and processed by the DMP, various actions can be considered, such as:
- The personalization of the site according to the profile of the Internet user (personalized product recommendations, content presented, etc.).
- Advertising remarketing based on optimal segmentation.
- Relaunch visitors who abandoned their cart before conversion.
- Display a pop-in when leaving the site to re-engage the visitor.
- ... etc.
Benefits of DMP?
Many reasons can therefore push a company to equip itself with a Data Management Platform.
By combining all of this data, companies have a much more precise knowledge of their customers and prospects. This makes it possible to:
- better target interactions,
- increase the conversion rate,
- improve customer satisfaction
- increase turnover.