Have a quality website means you need a very efficient hosting. And this is not an easy task.
Currently, cloud hosting and VPS servers are the two most popular options. However, most internet users tend to misinterpret the basic difference between the two.
So how to make the right choice? Well, in this article, we give you some differences between a VPS and a cloud server, which will help you in your future choice!
VPS server, what is it?
A host VPS like IONOS is a virtualized server installed on a physical server. The latter groups together several virtual servers. Each VPS installed on the physical server works with its own operating system.
Choosing VPS hosting means that you will be sharing a physical server with other customers. However, the resources are divided in advance. So everyone gets their own private environment.
It is a safer and more stable solution than shared hosting where you don't have dedicated server resources.
Cloud server, what is it?
L'cloud hosting uses multiple physical servers rather than just one. It spreads the data across a number of different physical servers, each in different locations around the world. Each of these servers is connected to each other in a virtual environment.
In summary, the VPS and the cloud server are similar in their configuration. The main difference is how each server is deployed and managed.
A VPS is hosted on a single physical server, while a cloud server sits on a virtual partition made up of multiple physical servers for maximum scalability and high availability.
The advantages of VPS hosting
VPS servers have several strengths since they combine the advantages of dedicated and shared hosting solutions.
- A VPS is often a great solution if you intend to run one or more sites, where each has multiple pages and plugins.
- A VPS can easily handle hundreds of visitors per month. It is powerful enough for WordPress to run smoothly.
- A VPS gives you complete freedom. You can manage and optimize your server as you like, you have root access, and you can install all the tools you need.
- With a VPS, you have your own resources and you are isolated from other servers.
What are the benefits of cloud hosting?
Cloud hosting has gained momentum over the past decade and is now a popular option, and for good reason:
- Cloud hosting is scalable because if you suddenly need more resources or access to more than bandwidth, you can get it automatically.
- Cloud hosting is economical because you only pay for what you use. This is different from VPS hosting where you pay for the allocated space on a server, even if you are not using it.
If you are looking for power at an affordable price, VPS hosting will be a great choice.
With VPS, you get many of the benefits of a dedicated server for a significantly lower cost. It provides more privileges within the operating system and allows users to install any type of software capable of running on that operating system.
Cloud hosting is for more experienced people. Indeed, cloud hosting is not an easy solution to set up and can often be difficult even for developers. It's not impossible, but not for beginners either.
However, there are managed cloud hosting providers that offer hassle-free website setup and management.