Even after all these years you still have to click on "Start" to shut down your Windows computer. Even in Windows 10, you have to click "Start" to shut down your PC.
I'll never understand why Microsoft has steadfastly refused to add a one-click shutdown button to the desktop. Fortunately, there is a faster way to shut down your PC.
Note that Windows natively integrates a small program, shutdown, which controls the shutdown of the computer. This program can be called by a shortcut that can be placed, for example, on the desktop.
Here are the steps to add a desktop shortcut to turn off your PC with a single click of the mouse:
- Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop and then click New> Shortcut .
- In the Location field that appears, paste the following:
% windir% \ System32 \ shutdown.exe / s / t 0
- Then click Next then enter the name of the shortcut, Shut down PC for example and click finish.
Congratulations ! You now have a stop icon; a double-click and it's Windows bye-bye. You can also drag it to the taskbar for one-click shutdown control.
You can even change the icon of this shortcut by following these few easy steps:
- First of all, right click on the icon and selecting the option Manufacturing .
- Then click on Change icon.
- A window of choice ends up opening, all you have to do is choose the icon of your choice then validate twice with OK.