You want to post a photo on Instagram from your PC ? I explain how to do it without having to install any software.
As you know, visiting Instagram on PC does not allow you to post photos. However, there is a trick that will allow you to do this.
The solution is to make it look like you are browsing directly with your phone by modifying the user-agent, also known as the user agent.
The user agent is a string of characters sent by the browser to the server when an Internet user visits a web page. It contains the following information:
- The browser used (example: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Browser version
- The operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS ...)
- And other information.
To modify the user-agent, you must use the extension User-Agent Switcher which easily ensures this change, and therefore to make believe that you are using a Samsung Galaxy S10, or even a iPhone 11 Pro !
How to post a photo on Instagram from your PC
With User-Agent Switcher you can simulate an iPhone, iPad or Android “User-Agent” and bypass the blockage by pretending that you are browsing directly with your phone.
To use User-Agent Switcher, I invite you to follow these steps:
- From your Google Chrome browser, download and install the extension User-Agent Switcher for Chrome ou for Firefox.
- After installing, a little header will appear in the right corner of your browser. By clicking on it you will have access to more than 20 different "User-Agents".
- You can for example select the "User-Agent" for iPhone or Android.
- Then go now on the Instagram website. You should see the mobile website for the social network.
- You will then have access to the same interface as on the Instagram application. Click on the big "+" button at the bottom to post a photo on Instagram from your PC.
- Choose the image to publish using Windows File Explorer. Finally click on share.
There ! You have finished. In order to avoid the display of sites in mobile version from a computer, you must put User-agent back to the default mode.