Very practical, groups allow us to stay in touch with a certain number of contacts instantly and despite the distance.
Whether you are in a professional, family, friendly group, or on a particular theme, it may happen that you no longer want to receive this information.
However, leaving a group in the classic way will generate a small notification for all members; what you may not want so that you don't have to justify yourself, for example.
Let's how to leave a whatsapp group without triggering notifications.
1 - No longer be annoyed by notifications from a WhatsApp group
First of all, you should know that WhatsApp does not offer such feature directly; indeed, when a member will leave the group, all the participants will receive the message “First name/telephone number has left the group”, which is not very discreet.
We will have to “work around” this using certain methods.
There are several ways to do this, one that may work for you is to mute the group for a very long time.
On iOS for iPhone:
To Mute a WhatsApp group, follow the steps below:
- First, tap on the name of the group you want to mute, this opens the group settings.
- Then press " Silent mode »And choose« toujours ».
- Go back by pressing Returns at the top. Now swipe from right to left to get the options " Options " and " Archiver ", as in this image below and press " Archiver ».
- Then go to WhatsApp settings (the toothed wheel at the bottom right of your screen), then " Discussions » and verify that the option « Maintain archived chats » is activated.
- Open WhatsApp and, in the " Discussions », select the WhatsApp group you want to leave.
- Next, tap the button with 3 vertical dots and select the option “ Leave the group ».
- Then choose the option " Silent mode ».
- Choose " 1 year (or toujours) and validate.
- Just like for the method on iOS, check in the WhatsApp options that the " Maintain archived chats » remains activated (if you wish of course)
That's it, that way you were able to kind of leave » a WhatsApp group discreetly, without really leaving it, but at least it won't bother you anymore.
2 - Change your phone number
When you want to know how to leave whatsapp group without notifications, the simplest solution is to change your phone number, for example. However, this solution does not work if you want to keep your number.
If you had already planned to change your number, here is how to do it:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Press on " Change number ».
- From then on, follow the steps to find your conversations.
No one will notice that you left the group. This technique is not necessarily the most practical, so maybe you just prefer the first one which consists in mutating and archiving the group?
3 - Change number and use a wrong number
This method is somewhat similar to the previous one, but instead of using a new number permanently, here the trick is to temporarily use a new phone number, leave the group and then come back to the number you want to keep.
To have a second provisional number, you can use the application " On / Off » for example or get a low-cost SIM or e-SIM card/.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Go to Apps.
- Find the WhatsApp app.
- Press on " Clean/clear cache/files » depending on your phone model.
- Then repeat the number change procedure seen previously.
4 - Delete your name and delete your profile picture
This method is more effective when you are in a large group and few people have added you as a contact.
You won't need to change or falsify your phone number here.
- On iPhone, open Settings in the WhatsApp app.
- Tap your profile name.
- Change your name and delete your photo.
- On Android, press the 3 small dots at the top right to open the settings and do the same
5 - Use a third-party application
This method will only work on Android phones. It consists of installing an application called " GroupXit ».
So install GroupXit at your own risk. Note that this app is no longer available on the Google Play Store and you will need to download and install via APK. You will have to create an account and then configure GroupXit to your liking.
Then it is recommended to uninstall the app after using it, as it contains lots of advertisements.
That's it, you've finished and successfully " leave whatsapp group without notification ', no one will receive a notification.
Everyone has already joined a more or less annoying WhatsApp group, whether by the frequency of messages, or their relevance, you just want to be able to enjoy your time quietly without being disturbed by many notifications that do not interest you.
There are several ways to do it, it all depends on your relationship to the group and the attitude you want to adopt.
Maybe you simply want to leave the latter and never mind if the members see it, or maybe you want to leave discreetly; in this case, a method proposed a little above will surely suit you.