Are you at school where only one 3G connection is available and you want to share this internet connection with friends? Want to easily share your Ethernet access with your coworkers in the office?
Connectify is for you. It is a small free Windows software and it allows you to very easily transform your computer into a wifi access point. In this tutorial, we will see step by step how to use Connectify to share an ADSL or 3G network. I tried it with a 3G connection and an ethernet cable connection and it works great!
How does Connectify work?
Connectify will allow you to turn your computer under Windows 7 into a real Wi-Fi access point. Once in place, it becomes possible to share your Internet connection. All operating systems can connect to the access point created by Connectify. It works with mandatory WPA2-PSK encryption.
Connectify also has network monitoring with the management of the number of connected and the conservation of the connection history.
Note that Connectify will also allow you to share your connection WiFi with other people, even if you are already using that wireless connection to access the Internet.
How do I share my Internet connection with Connectify?
- Download and install Connectify on the Official website
- After a quick installation, the application will be lodged among the notification icons in the taskbar.
- Click on the button composed of three white arcs of circles next to the clock to open Connectify!
- Enter the name of the network in Wifi Name and indicate a password, then select the Wireless network connection item in the Internet drop-down menu.
- All you have to do is click on Start Hotspot to start the process.