Last updated: August 27, 2023
Today, Discord has established itself as the leader in communication interfaces, all on a large scale. It must be said that where Skype is quite heavy and seems a bit archaic in certain areas and where software like Teamspeak has austere interfaces, Discord is a good student.
The first thing to note is that it is free. But beyond being free, it was specifically designed to be able to keep large communities in contact and it can perfectly serve as a work tool or even as a meeting point.
Thus, it is not rare to see several tens of people or even hundreds on the same Discord server. The problem is that this is bound to lead to trouble and one of the ways to solve it is to go through a bot like Ticket Tool. In this article, we explain how to install and configure it on your own server.
What is Ticket Tool?
Ticket Tools is a Discord bot. If you have never installed one, understand that these are small pieces of software that work via commands that you will enter and which then execute actions that are not implemented in Discord.
Here, the goal of Ticket Tool is going to be to make your life easier in managing your server every day. Because yes, if you ever have a lot of members, it can quickly become hell.
Everyone will encounter bugs and contacting the administrators can sometimes be complicated. So, you will end up with this kind of messages that pollute channels that are not for that at the base.
You're also going to have people who just don't dare ask questions or say things because they don't want to do it in public. However, Ticket Tools will be of great help for this purpose.
Indeed, what this discord bot allows you to do is simply create tickets that only administrators will receive privately. So, no more problems for users and more peace of mind for administrators.
How it works?
But then, how does Ticket Tools work? Well, it's very simple, when a user has a ticket to submit for moderation, they just tap a little button in a support channel.
All he has to do then is describe this problem and submit the ticket. The moderators then receive it and can respond to it and discuss privately with the person. Once the problem is solved, the administrator only has to click on the small button with the padlock to close it, child's play!
Bring Ticket Tool to your Discord server
Well, that's it, you're convinced, Ticket Tools is the tool you need on your Discord server? So, no worries, just follow these steps:
- Just meet on the official website and you will come across a fairly simple page.
- Then click on Login in the upper right corner. Then log in using your Discord account credentials.
Click Authorize to give Ticket Tool permission to manage your server.
- There, you just have to click on the big button that asks you to invite Ticket Tools directly to your server. You will then see a new window open.
- This will ask you on which server you want to use its services, choose yours.
- Once done, Ticket Tool will ask you for a series of permissions. Here it is important to give it all, otherwise it will not be able to work properly on your Discord server.
Once that's done, that's it, you've invited Ticket Tool to your Discord server, it's now time to go to the settings, whether for the tool itself, or for your server.
Create a channel for the Discord bot
When it comes to setting up Ticket Tool on Discord, the first thing you need to do is create a new channel. Indeed, it is via the latter that the bot will be able to allow users to open tickets.
For this, there is nothing very complicated to do.
- Open Discord and open your server.
- Click on the little + next to the category where you want to create your channel and then give it a name such as Assistance for example to be clear to your users.
- In the pop-up window, name your support text channel and click Create a living room to create the channel.
There you go, the living room itself is created. The only thing that is important to do is of course to create a text channel and not a voice channel so that we can easily enter commands.
Create a moderator role on his server
Once the channel is open, the second step is to create a specific role this time. Indeed, it is to this role and to him alone that Ticket Tools will send ticket notifications on your Discord server.
This role is usually that of moderator. Indeed, whether it's you or you get help from other people, it's always important to have moderators on a Discord server to answer questions, but also moderate certain behaviors.
Therefore, it is logical that these moderators have access to Ticket Tool to make their life easier. Therefore, if the role of moderator is already created, you will not have to do anything more. However, if this is not the case, here is the procedure to follow to create it on your Discord.
- Click on the server name at the top left.
- Click Server Settings at the top left.
- Then click on roles.
- Press the "create a role" button.
- Choose the role name.
- Then choose the permissions.
- Assign Ticket Tool role.
Configure Ticket Tool
Once this is all done, congratulations, you have completely succeeded in configure your discord server for Ticket Tools. However, there is still an important step to perform, configure Ticket Tools for your Discord server.
For this, you must go to the Official Ticket Tools webpage. Next to the button to invite the bot to your server, you will see a second big button "Manage servers", click on it.
From then on, you will be able to access the Ticket Tool settings on your server and you will see, you have done the most complicated and the longest via the previous steps. All that remains is to validate all of this. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Choose the server to configure.
- Go to Panel config, then to Create panel.
- The first window is used to give a name to the panel.
- On the second enter the name of the role you just created.
- Validate by clicking on Save.
- Now just send the Panel we created to our "Assistance" Show. To do this, click on the Send button at the top, select the Assistance panel and click on Send again.
Here's how users can create and respond to tickets and the support team.
And voila, if you have followed all the steps in this guide correctly, the Ticket Tools bot should not only have no more mysteries for you, but on top of that, it should be installed on your server.
Congratulations, your server users can find the Support channel. They can open it and click on the Create a ticket.
From then on, you will quickly see how much this application will save your life and above all will make it easier for you to moderate your Discord server in the weeks and months to come.