If you are having difficulty with your USB drive, such as your PC not being able to detect it, write protection or impossible formatting, do not despair!
We have the perfect solution to help you repair and flash your damaged USB drive. Problems with USB flash drives can have different causes like malware, unreal storage capacity or write protection.
Whether these problems are of software or hardware origin, we will show you how to solve them effectively.
Flash and Repair USB Drive in Simple Steps
In the rest of this article, we will guide you step by step to flash and repair a USB flash drive. But first, let's start by explaining what firmware is.
What is firmware?
Un firmware is a part of a USB key that functions as an operating system. It helps to distinguish the brand of the product, the memory size and the file system, among others. If the firmware is damaged, simply reinstall it to make your USB flash drive functional again.
We are now going to guide you step by step to perform this operation of flashing your USB key, so that you can enjoy all its features again.
Attention: Before proceeding, here are some important guidelines to follow:
- Disconnect all other USB devices from your computer to avoid confusion or redundant results.
- Use this method only on a damaged USB drive, as flashing a USB drive will erase all your data and it will no longer be possible to recover it.
By following these guidelines, you are now ready to use this method to repair your damaged USB drive.
Find the firmware of a USB flash drive
To discover the firmware of your USB drive, follow these steps:
- Download the ChipEasy Utility, a software created by Russian developers that allows you to view all the information on your USB flash drive.
- Unzip the downloaded archive and insert your USB key in your computer. The archive password is: flash boot
Select the USB drive to repair
Once ChipEasy is launched, it will detect all USB devices connected to your computer. Select the USB drive to repair.
ChipEasy displays information about the USB key, such as the special vendor code (VID), the relationship to the product (PID), the name of the manufacturer and the type or version of the key.
Next, copy the VID and PID, then use them to search the site https://flashboot.ru/iflash/.
On the results page, check the memory size of the USB key in the "Memory" column. Then copy the name of the manufacturer in the first column.
Then go to https://flashboot.ru/files/, paste the name of the manufacturer and download the corresponding utility.
Now that you have discovered the firmware of your USB flash drive, you are ready to flash it to fix it and find your data.
Install downloaded firmware
To update the firmware of your USB flash drive, first download the appropriate firmware, .
After downloading the firmware, run the setup file then follow the steps in the setup utility to complete the update
It is important to note that the steps may vary depending on the utility used, but they generally include accessing settings, entering data, updating drivers, and starting the formatting process.
Once flashing is complete, verify that your USB flash drive is working properly by testing it.
Find the firmware of the USB key from the manufacturer's site
If you can't find the correct utility for your USB drive, you can try downloading it from the manufacturer's website.
- First, go to the flash drive manufacturer's website and find the product page for your specific model.
- Next, check if there is a "Downloads" or "Support" section on the product page.
- Check for a firmware update or upgrade.
- Finally, download the firmware update utility.
- If you are unable to find the firmware for your device, you can also try searching for it on a search engine using the device name and the keyword "firmware".
If you are still having trouble finding the firmware update for your USB flash drive, you can contact the manufacturer's customer service for assistance. They should be able to walk you through the process of finding and updating firmware for your device.