Last updated: June 29, 2022
What could be more annoying than having to type a PIN or password on the start screen to access your computer.
You have nothing to hide? Windows session password is just wasting your time? Read on to find out how you can connect to Windows 11without having to enter a PIN or password every time you log in.
How to remove Windows 11 computer startup password?
Disable Windows Hello on Windows 11
Before you can remove the boot password from Windows 11 computer, you need to deactivate Windows Hello.
Windows Hello is a security feature that gives you instant access to your Windows 11 devices using a PIN, fingerprint or face recognition.
To disable this feature, just follow these simple steps:
- First, press Win + I to open Windows 11 settings.
- Then on the left, click Accounts.
- Then on Connection options.
- Disable the option "For added security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device".
- Then go to PIN (Windows Hello) and click Delete.
- Finally, confirm your identity by entering your Microsoft account password.
With Windows Hello disabled, you can now skip to the next chapter and learn how to boot windows 11without password.
Remove boot password Windows 11
Now, to launch Windows 11 without password, follow the steps below:
- In the start menu, search for and open "netplwiz " - an advanced user account management tool in Windows.
- In the window User accounts, uncheck the box " Users must enter a username and password to use this computer ».
- Then click Apply .
- A new window titled " Automatically connect will then ask you to enter a username and password.
- Type the username and password you used to log into Windows.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
That's all ! Your new configuration will take over on your next reboot. You no longer need to enter your PIN or password every time you log in, enjoy!
How to Disable Windows 11 Launch Without Password
To reset a password on Windows 11, go to start, find and open netplwiz.
In the netplwiz window, enable the checkbox that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". It tells Windows that users must enter their login credentials to log into Windows.
Restart your computer and the welcome screen should start asking for the password or PIN again.