A VPN is ideal for protecting your anonymity on a public Wi-Fi network or for bypassing geo-restrictions. Corn set up a VPN on a Mac may seem difficult if you've never done it before.
The good news is that the installation andusing a VPN for Mac is very easy, and even beginners can install it in a matter of minutes. In this article, I'll show you how easy it is to set it up.
How to install a VPN on Mac?
The easiest way to set up a VPN on your Mac is to download a VPN app. However, there is another manual method to install it.
Set up a VPN on Mac using a third-party VPN app
If you are looking to set up VPN on your Mac with one click, I recommend installing a dedicated app. It's a combination of great VPN service, dedicated Mac software, and stunning customization.
- VPN apps allow you to connect to servers with one click and switch servers with another click.
- VPN apps, apart from being easy to set up and use, also come with kill switches that block all web browsers and apps leaks in the event of a VPN connection failure.
- Not all VPNs will have apps for all of your devices, although most will have mac OS apps.
How to set up?
- Download the VPN app through the App Store or directly from the VPN website.
- Register to create an account.
- Log into the app.
- Choose the server of your choice and click on connect.
How to set up VPN on Mac manually?
To set up a VPN through the Mac's built-in VPN settings, first make sure you have all the necessary data.
- the type of VPN,
- the server address,
- the username,
- the password .
All of this information is specific to each VPN and provided by your VPN operator.
Then, I invite you to follow the following steps:
- Click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, then click System Preferences .
- Click on the icon Network.
- Click on the More (+) to create a new network connection.
- Choose VPN from the Interface drop-down menu. L2PT over IPSec in the VPN type and L2P in the service name. Then click on Create .
- Enter the server address and account name, sometimes referred to as the username by the VPN operator, and click Authentication settings.
- Enter the password and shared secret, then click OK.
- Click on Apply , And then Log in .
Your VPN will now connect. Select Log Out if you want to stop your VPN.
VPNs can protect your internet connection well, hide your location from service providers, and help keep your browsing anonymous.
It's a handy tool to have if you're like me with privacy and privacy concerns. Installing a third-party VPN app is the best option to manage your VPN connections on a MAC. This makes all the settings much simpler. However, it remains to be seen how to choose a VPN sufficiently efficient at an affordable cost!