Last updated: July 3, 2022
For years now, fingerprint readers have taken up residence in the center button of Apple phones. They allow you with a registered finger to unlock your phone, without even having to type in a code.
Same thing for Face ID which replaced this technology in the brand's new phones. But these two authentication systems are not only used to open your phone, they are also real means of identification.
Without your Apple ID, you can't get very far in the apple world. You will use it to access a multitude of services, such as iCloud, Localiser mon iPhone, and Apple Music, as well as to make iTunes purchases and download apps. If you forget these login details, you will find yourself stuck.
Fortunately, in this article, we will give you the two techniques that exist in order to change your Apple ID email address and reset your account.
Why change your address on your Apple ID?
As we have just said, often the main reason has a change of email address on your Apple account, it will be carried out when changing telephones. Indeed, you update your data and voila.
But sometimes it's just because you decided to update your email address. You changed it for some reason, so now you need to change that address on your Apple account.
This is even more true if the reason for this change is for example loss of access to email address which is linked to this account. In this case, it is better to make the change quickly to avoid unpleasant surprises such as the fact that you no longer have access to your Apple account at all.
When you know that the latter will be used each time you want to download an application from the Apple Store, it is better to have access to it at the risk of losing everything in just a few minutes.
So, let's see two techniques for make this change in less than 5 minutes, watch in hand.
Change your email address from the Apple site
The first option, it will ask you to have a computer or quite simply a device that will allow you to go on the internet.
Then we invite you to follow these steps:
- First, head to the Apple official website.
- Once done, enter your Apple ID and password.
- From there, you will have to go to the tab, Connection and security.
- Once you are there, you will see your Apple ID with the email address that is linked to it, just click on it.
- In the new window that opens, type the new email address that should be linked to your account.
- To validate the change, a code will be sent to you quickly by email.
- Once you have received it, all you have to do is enter it quietly in the new page that has just opened and you will have successfully changed the email address that is linked to your Apple account.
From there, you will have nothing more to do, you will only have to use the new email address when you want to connect. However, take into account that this change of address can only take place once a month.
Change the address directly from your iPhone
The second option you can use to change your Apple email address, it's simply using your iPhone or iPad. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, go to the settings from your iPhone or iPad.
- At the top of the setting screen you should have your name with some information, click on that to be taken directly to your Apple ID screen and be able to make the change.
- Then press Name and contact details.
- In the contact details section, click Edit.
- You must add the new email address, checking that you have not made any mistakes and validate it.
- Then, as for the web version of the procedure, you will have to wait for Apple to send you an email with a code inside.
- Type this code on your phone and you will therefore validate this change of email address.
What to do in case of lost password associated with your Apple ID?
If you don't want to change your email address, but you have lost your password, the technique is exactly the same as the two that we present to you, except that this time, you will have to go to the password tab and not the email address.
It is also important to note that for this procedure, it is better to go through your iPhone or iPad than through the browser. Indeed, on the mobile, you are directly connected even if you have lost your password.
Therefore, a simple change of password by identifying yourself using Key ID or Face ID will solve the problem. While on the web version, Apple will ask you for proof of your identity before allowing you to make the change.
In addition, they do not ask you for them right away and depending on the case, you can have a wait of several weeks before you are authorized to do the famous reset of your password.