You forgot your password Windows 10 ? And you are unable to use your computer?
Microsoft doesn't make it easy to reset your password, but luckily there is a workaround for it.recover forgotten password Windows 10 without CD.
In this tutorial, I will show you a simple ways to Reset password Windows 10 only for a local account. If you want to reset the password for a Microsoft account, I invite you to follow the instructions in the Microsoft password recovery page.
Reset forgotten or lost password on Windows 10
This method consists of use a bootable USB stick which allows us to modify certain files that cannot be modified under Windows. The Hack consists of ensuring that you can launch the command prompt directly from the login choice screen Windows.
For this, we will go through three steps:
- First of all, we will access the system Windows 10 from a bootable USB key.
- Once that's done, we'll use the Ease of Access icon to open the Command Prompt.
- From the command prompt, we pass commands to reset a user's password.
To attempt this manipulation, follow these instructions:
- Create a recovery USB drive and start the computer on it. Follow this link to start your computer on a USB stick.
- Then on the new window that opens, click on Repair the computer to open the recovery options.
- Then on the page Choose an option, click at the bottom left on help.
- Then in the new advanced options window, click on Command Prompt.
- Now in the command prompt, we pass the commands that will replace the icon of the ergonomics options. To do this, type the following commands:
- Then we go save the Utilman.exe file by copying it to Utilman.exe.old
- We replace the file Utilman.exe by that of the command prompt (cmd.exe):
- It's over. You can leave Windows and restart your PC normally. On the login choice screen, click on the button at the bottom left, Ergonomic options.
- The command prompt (cmd.exe) with system privileges is launched. Then type the following commands, taking care to respect the spaces:
So to change the password of the user Rick to 123456, you must enter:
- Then restart the PC and voila! You can log in again with the new password without any worries.
After recovering your user account, it is best toundo the changes you made.
To do this, boot again on the USB stick, then launch the command prompt as you did previously.
Finally, for restore the configurations you have modified, you will run the following commands:
copy C:\windows\system32\utilman.exe C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
This is the end of this tutorial, I hope it can be useful and help you a lot.