You want to share the password of a Wi-Fi network with a friend but can't remember? If you entered it on your Android phone, it's easy to find it.
Every time you type in a Wi-Fi password, your Android phone saves it so you don't have to re-enter it in the future.
Like on Windows, there is a quick way to find a Wi-Fi connection password on a smartphone Android.
Display your Wifi password on Android without root
Before seeing your password, your Android phone must first be connected to WiFi. Here's how to find it:
Method 1: Android 10 and later
If you have a phone running Android 10 and above, you won't need to root your mobile or install an additional app to view saved Wi-Fi passwords. Otherwise, you can go to method 2.
To display a password Wifi on Android 10 or more, follow these steps:
- Open phone settings.
- Access to Wi-Fi & Internet ou Connections depending on your Android version.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and you will see your current Wi-Fi network at the top of the list.
- Select it to display the network options.
- On this page, select the button Share at the top of the screen.
- You will need to scan your face / fingerprint, or enter your PIN, to continue.
- Once you've done that, you'll see your network's Wi-Fi password listed under a clear text QR code.
Method 2: Android 9 and earlier
If you are using Android 9 or earlier, you will need to follow the steps below. However, this method requires a rooted Android device.
But do not panic ! Root your Android phone is easy. Watch this tutorial: How to root your Android phone from A to Z ?
Then just install an Android Wi-Fi password viewer app such as Wi-Fi Password Viewer to display all the passwords of your wifi networks.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First of all, download and install WiFi Password Viewer.
- At launch, the application asks you for root access.
- Grant it super user (root) permissions.
- Now you will be taken to a list containing all the Wi-Fi networks saved on your Android device.
- Under each wifi network, is the password in clear text.
- A screenshot will probably do the trick for sharing a password with a friend.
And There you go ! These are the two main methods for see Wi-Fi passwords saved on Android.