Truecaller is surely one of the most popular applications of the moment, but it raises the question of consent.
Indeed, many believe that this application violates their privacy and do not want their information to be found.
If you are one of them and looking to remove your name from Truecaller, then we give you the procedure to follow in this article, all on 3 platforms.
What is Truecaller?
First important thing before know how to remove his name from Truecaller, know what it is. It is a platform that allows its users to know the identity of an unknown number. The principle is simple, but devilishly effective.
You download the application, you create an account and enter the phone number that appears. The application then searches in its database and gives you the result. You could say it's a kind of Yellow Pages.
Except that the Yellow Pages, you can usually ask not to appear there. For this, there is nothing very complicated to do. You simply have to request it when you take out your telephone subscription.
Except that for Truecaller it's different. Some therefore wonder if it is possible to do the same. Well, the good news is that indeed it is. Let's see together how to do it.
It is possible to ask Truecaller to remove you from lists
Truecaller simply has no right to object to you refusing to appear. It's a simple principle, but it can be used in just a few minutes. Problem, you have to know how to do it.
Indeed, unlike some services here, it is not enough to make a request when joining. There is a procedure to follow and if you don't know it, don't bother trying to do it. remove your number.
Fortunately, once this approach is known, it is quite simple to reproduce. The good news is that there are three ways to do this. Whether you are on iOS, Android or computer, you will find what you are looking for.
Delete my name on Truecaller on Android
To learn how to remove your name on Truecaller on an Android phone, follow these steps:
- Start by going to the Play Store and download Truecaller on your phone.
- Open the app that asks you to create an account. This is a mandatory step, so you will have to comply with it.
- Once done, return to the app and log in.
- You will see the three horizontal lines at the top left. Click on it which opens the menu.
- There, go to your account settings.
- To delete your number on Truecaller, you will have to go to Confidentiality center at the bottom.
- Again, go to the option which is located at the very bottom“deactivate".
- You will then have two windows which will open, click on yes each time.
- Once it's done you can uninstall the app, you just deleted your number from Truecaller.
Delete My Name on Truecaller on iPhone or iPad
If you want delete your name on Truecaller and you have an Apple mobile, Here's the procedure to follow.
- First, go to the store to download the app and create an account.
- Click again on the three horizontal bars of the main menu at the bottom right.
- Then go to Settings.
- Then go to Confidentiality center. This opens a new menu where you are offered at the bottom of Disable Account.
- Click on it and this time a new window opens.
- You are offered to keep your data or to Supprimer. However, the goal here is to delete his number on Truecaller. So choose the second option otherwise it won't work.
- Once the data is disabled, you can simply uninstall the app on your phone.
The procedure is therefore similar to that on Android, but with a few notable differences.
Delete my name on Truecaller via computer
Deleting your name on Truecaller is quite simple on the phone when you know the procedure to follow. But sometimes you don't have a phone to hand or it's too old. Same problem if you want to do it for your grandparents or elderly person.
So Truecaller thought of you and gave us a third way. For this, you simply must have to use a computer.
- Go to the Truecaller number removal site: https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting
- You will then come across a page dedicated to removing their name and number from Truecaller.
- Therefore nothing very complicated, just type the desired phone number in the bar that appears.
However, there are several things to take into account. You must indicate your country code. To do this, remove the first 0 from your number and add +33 if you are in France.
If you already have a Truecaller account, you must first go through one of the two steps above. Finally, this change, it is effective only after 24 hours? So don't be surprised if you are found during this period.
In summary, on the computer you must.
- Go to the Truecaller website.
- Add /unlisting to the address.
- Deactivate your account if you have one.
- Type your phone number with +33.
- Validate and wait 24 hours for the change to be taken into account.
That's it, you should now be able to remove your information such as your name on Truecaller. It is a process that is quite simple and accessible if you know the procedure to follow.
For this, you have the choice of three platforms and you will simply be able to choose the one that suits you the most. Once that's done, you shouldn't be so easily findable.
Do you know of any other apps of this type that you would like to delete your number and your information? If so, do not hesitate to let us know in the comments so that we can help you in a future article.