Last updated: December 31, 2022
If you are running out of storage space on your Windows 10 hard drive, You can find duplicates that occupy an important part of the'storage space. Dupe Kill is a free software which you can use to find duplicate files.
DupeKill's interface is quite simple and straightforward. It will help you find duplicate files and then allow you to delete or move them. This utility will also provide suggestions on which files you should keep based on the name of the files.
Remove duplicate files with DupKill
DupeKill can be deployed anywhere where you think there may be duplicates. Upon launch, you are greeted with a user-friendly interface which is unlikely to cause you any trouble while browsing.
To use it, it's simple:
- First of all, download the DupKill app.
- Then, unzip the contents of the archive in the directory of your choice.
- Open the executable file to access the program without prior installation.
- Now type the path to the drive or folder whose contents you want to scan.
- Then click on the button Scan to start the duplicate search process.
- Once the analysis is complete, DupeKill displays the duplicated files in a dedicated block. The program suggests that you keep the files highlighted in green and delete those highlighted in red.
- remove selected duplicates on the fly by simply clicking on the dedicated button.
The program is fast enough to find duplicate files and also very precise. But beware, it is always possible that a file is incorrectly marked for deletion. Take the time to go through the results before performing the action.